For one of our clients a well-known and successful Company with a solid track record within the restaurant industry and with excellent culinary reputation in Pittsburgh (USA), at Isprox Consulting we are looking for an Italian Executive Chef. We are looking for a talented Chef able to Create a very unique dining experience for their guests, must be open to talk to guests and engage with them at tables, promoting menu items, and attending special needs required due to customer specified allergies. Are you this authentic Italian Chef able to reflect your passion and the love for cooking in your performance...then we would like to meet you!!!!
Your role as Executive Chef
As Executive Italian chef you will execute and oversee food preparation and kitchen service in the restaurant. You will be responsible for the normal flow of kitchen operation on every work shift. Ensures staffing coverage for all areas on each shift. You will coordinate daily and weekly strategies with restaurant owners and stakeholders. You will be monitoring staff motivation overtime, supervise product consistency and make necessary menu modifications according to the Restaurant business needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all kitchen operations from food preparation and food cost control, purchases supplies, and inventory of all products.
- Supervise waste and over-production of food product; ensures proper rotation and quality control. Maintain standards for food storage, rotation, quality, and appearance.
- Develop and plan menus and daily specials.
- Monitors and enforces staff ensuring compliance and restaurant safety policies, with applicable health codes, food safety codes, rules and regulations.
- Assist and presides over weekly meetings with owners and managers to discuss operational needs.
- Lead, mentor, and manage culinary team, ensuring that all team members are trained and meet company standards. Oversee training of new Team Members to help them achieve higher status.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Preferred High School Diploma, or equivalent certificate in culinary arts, however, if you identify yourself in the profile and know that you are going to fulfill this role with dynamism, we also encourage you to apply.
- At least 5 years reputable restaurant experience
- Should read, write, speak and understand English
- Organization Skills: able to deal with paperwork from vendors, inventory receipt, audits and control developing.
- Strong communication skills: Must be diligent in communicating thoughts and ideas and keeping the owners and upper management well-informed.
- Ability to maintain Cleanliness: keeping the kitchen clean and tidy, enforcing all staff regarding issues of hygiene
- Creativity: in all manners of menu planning, development and implementation, In-depth Wine knowledge would be a plus.
- An attractive salary package with excellent contractual conditions plus ancillary benefits.
- The opportunity to establish a long-term working relationship and grow with our client company.
- A comfortable apartment in the heart of Pittsburgh will be provided
- Our client offers Visa sponsorship if needed
- To work in an excellent atmosphere; with a strong collaborative team.
- A challenging and responsible position in a restaurant where hospitality and quality are at the top of the values and where your ideas will be very welcome.